Tuesday, January 11, 2011

People Change

While i was on the Internet, I came across a quote on one of my friends blogs  (not from ASTI). It said, "People change. They end up having nothing to say to each other, even if they were best friends the year before."

This quote really stood out to me because recently me and one of my really close friends from middle school have become very distant. It seems like this first all began towards the middle of summer. Me and this friend were supposed to go visit our old school with a couple of other people since they started back a lot earlier than us. I was really excited to see her and other people that I missed and we both planned on meeting each other there. I caught the bus all the way to my old school since we both had agreed on meeting each other there. However, when i called to see if she got there yet, she told me that she was stuck in traffic and she would me there in about ten minutes. I figured that i'd just wait for her, but a couple minutes later she called me and said that she got in a car accident and wasn't going to be there for another hour. I told her that I would just stay and wait for her downtown in San Francisco and she agreed to meet me there. When she called back she told me that she was about to get off of Bart. This confused me because I thought she was in a car accident... I didn't ask her and i just figured I'd ask her about it when I saw her.

To my surprise, when she came and met me she was with two of her other friends that I'd never met before. I was kind of confused... so she was in traffic, got in a car accident, and caught Bart to the city ... with these people? It didn't seem to make sense, but I didn't really feel comfortable asking her in front of those people. Anyways, the rest of the time was really awkward because they were talking about things they'd done together and i felt like a major fourth wheel.

Now, I haven't talked to this friend in a really long time. I miss her, but she doesn't really seem to care. It's kind of sad because she was one of my closest friends in middle school and now we never talk. Just like the quote said "[People] end up having nothing to say to each other, even if they were best friends the year before."

2 comments:

  1. I responded to your blog post ! http://jessicac96.blogspot.com/2011/01/response-to-karisas-blog-people-change.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response to your post:

    http://victorliang7.blogspot.com/2011/01/response-to-karisa.html

    ReplyDelete