Friday, January 28, 2011

Social Networking Rebuttle to Luis

In Luis' blog he writes how social newtworking websites, such as Facebook are benificial. In his post he mentions that it can help people learn about current events going on in the world, ask for help from friends, and Facebook's ultimate goal: to "unite the world." I do agree with his statement that social networking is good for staying in contact with friends, however there are some ways Luis could improve his debate. It would be helpful to include important quotes from these websites he placed links to because sometimes people may not want to read all of the three articles he used as his recorces. Also, another way he could improve his debate is by including some of his personal experiences with Facebook and other social networking sites. For example, I would write about how Facebook helps me stay in contact with a lot of old friends. I am friends with many people from middle school and Facebook is one of the ways that helps me stay in contact with them if i don't have their phone numbers. Also, I've even reconnected with a lot of people from elementry school. Even though you may not talk to everyone of your friends that you have on Facebook, it's still interesting to see how other people are doing and I also find in kind of interesting when I find out that two of my friends from different places know each other. Another reason why I agree with Luis and believe that social networking sites are benificial is because it is also a good way to plan events to meet up with multiple people, as he stated. Some of my friends post invitations and date reminders for parties or get togethers they may have and in my opinion, it is a lot simpler and easier  to post a group invitation of Facebook istead of going to every person personally and giving out a paper invitation. Also, i think this is a good way to make sure that people don't feel left out because you do have the possibility of fmaking you're events private.

For the most part I do agree with Luis and his views on the pros of social networking just for a few different reasons, but mostly for the same.

1 comment: