Friday, April 1, 2011

Vignette Project Reviews

After reading through the vignettes of my classmates, I have come to realize that many have some sort of connection to a family or multiple family members in at least one of their vignettes. Three of these vignette projects which I found this pattern in were in Tony, Justice, and Ashli's. All three of these vignettes included  some sort of comparison between multiple family members.

In Tony's vignette "Humerus" he discusses the different senses of humor that are present in his family and compares each one to the other.
"My dad’s idea of a joke [...] an range from very light and funny to really funny and a crying little brother... My brother has not yet developed a sense of humor ... My mom’s sense of humor on the other hand is very subtle. It is sometimes hard to tell when she thinks something is funny."
 In this specific vignette, the comparison is sense of humor within Tony's family. He goes through each of the members in his family and discusses how their sense of humor varies and how they compare to one another. He also talks about his personal views of each of these peoples sense of humor. For example, Tony talks about how he sees his dad's jokes very funny, while his little brothers are very juvenile and do  not seem funny to him, and how most of the time he can't understand his mother's sense of humor.

In Justice's vignette "Shoes and all Their Necessities", she talks about the different types of shoes her family members wear and how much they care about them, including herself.
 "My mom loves boots that sit high on her legs [...] My dad's shoes spell out sports... when he's going to work he pulls out the fancy shoes [...] [My little brother] always has to have the latest kicks whether it’s blazers to the new pairs of jordan’s [...] Im simple open to any shoe as long as it’s cute and I’m not thinking about it."
Here Justice compares the different shoes her mom, dad, little brother, and herself wear and how important or picky a person is on what shoes they have. She talks about how her mom likes to wear boots, her dad wears sports shoes and dress shoes, and how her little brother is obsessive over which shoes he has. She compares him to Paris Hilton since he cannot seem to go a couple of weeks with out having the latest shoes that are out. Justice talks about herself and how she is very far from caring so much about shoes like her brother. This is another vignette which multiple family members are compared through a certain topic.

Finally, in Ashli's vignette "Hairs" she talks about the many differences in types of hair of people in her family.
"Everyone in my family is different even their hair is different including me..Everyone in my family, that includes: my dad, my mom, my sister, and me, our hair all have our differences."
The differences Ashli discusses are hair texture, color, and hair styles that each person in her family wears. She compares her mom, dad, sister and herself and discusses each of these points of comparisons of different type of hair that are present within this group of people.  Again, this is another vignette that uses a point of comparison to show differences between multiple family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment