Friday, November 12, 2010

Some Parents Really Need to Let There Kids Have a Life!!!

So, it has been a while since I've seen my friends from middle school and i really really really miss them. On Friday nights, there is this thing called Teen Night in San Francisco and a lot of my friends from my old school have been going since about 7th grade...and this is how long I've been begging my mom to let me go. It has been 3 years and this lady still won't let me go. I don't know what to do in order to convince her to let me go, but today I asked her if  I could go and she was irritating me! I originally planed to go last Friday night, but I had family visiting and one of my best friends wasn't going. Because of these two reasons I decided to hold off and just go next week ( which is tonight).

One of the same excuses my mom has been giving me about the reason she won't let me go is because she doesn't have any information about it and doesn't know who runs it, where it is, blah blah blah. However, each time she says this, I give her more and more information. I told her that they meet at a rec center in San Francisco, I gave her the address of the rec center, I told her that I'll let her know where we go after that at least 2 days in advance, I told her all the people who are going, gave her the administrator's name, and even his phone number.  For some ridiculous reason, this isn't good enough for her and she keeps asking the same question. Seriously, WHAT MORE INFORMATION DOES SHE NEED?!?!?! My mom also says that it isn't safe, but I don't know what she's talking about. I lived in San Francsico almost all my life up until the summer of my 7th, transition to 8th grade year. I've caught the bus there myself to school for 2-3 years and nothing ever happened to me. I could understand if this was just a bunch of teens getting together, but this has adult supervision and is completely safe.

 I had a very good talk about this with one of my friends who goes there and she encouraged me to keep asking. She also agreed with me on the fact that if parents don't let their kids do anything, they'll most likely end up rebelling later on. Her mom even agreed with me. I told her i would keep asking if I could come with them  but I don't know what to do to change her mind. If you have any ideas let me know. ......maybe I'll ask my dad if I can go next week. He's a lot more reasonable...

No comments:

Post a Comment